We received the PCR results today and as you can guess, we both have NEGATIVE results. Unfortunately, this does not make any difference and we still need to stay here for another 2 days. I guess we should be thankful to the UK government that they saved us from the toxic environment by locking us here(?). I mean, when I think about it, I cannot even get excited to go out finally..
Here is our breakfast for today :
I have updated my previous post but I will also mention here too. You know the total cost of this quarantine hotel was £3715 to us. This used to be £1,750 per person, plus £650 per another adult, $2400 before 12th August. And then, they decided this money was not enough for the service they provided in the hotels!!! Yes, this is the funniest thin I have ever heard in this whole process.. (Please check the news, and yes it did not stay as plan, they made it real). It might be a case where you made the reservation before 12 Aug to arrive after 12 Aug (like end of August, or maybe even September) but for our case, we did not know when we were going to come back.
Here is our lunch for today if you are still feeling ok after reading above:
For dinner, we did not want to have the prison food and ordered from out and we called them not to bring us dinner, so no photo from that.
Yes, and walking, another exiting part of prison. I called them at 17:00 PM to arrange a walk at 20:00 PM. The security guy told me that they are changing their shift at 19:00 PM and asked whether I wanted to go out around 19:00.
I said yes, does not matter any more. And the guy told me to call 30 mins before 19:00 to remind.
I called them and he said they are about to change shift and he wrote down our number but it might get lost and to call the other crew… I called like 3 more times again, it is 19:54 PM now and we are still waiting in the room to out to get some fresh air.. (They came to pick us at 20:17 PM)
I mean is this really this hard to keep record of the room numbers vs. their walking times and pass it to other shift?? I really do not get it. I mean if you cannot keep track of this then why don`t you decide already our walking times as you do for our meal?
And here is the questions I would like to recap, with one addition:
- What is the scientific reason to keep us locked for another 2 days in this prison while
– Our Day 8 result is NEGATIVE
– We do not have any symptom
– We are double vaccinated
(I cannot even believe myself, I am an hopeless stupid who is trying to have a “scientific” explanation to all these things…)
- How many people tested positive during quarantine hotel stay on Day 2? And demographics of these people? Which country did they come from?
- How many people tested positive during quarantine hotel stay on Day 8? I do not think people tested positive on Day 8 has brought the Covid from origin country, it is because of the queues in airport, bus etc.
- How many people staying in a quarantine hotel tested positive whereas that person is double vaccinated? It should be pretty easy to collect and analyse this data. Both me and my husband are double vaccinated in the UK and we have this information in NHS, we are prepared to share the proof of our doses.
- Why double vaccination is not a key parameter to decide a person`s quarantine status when that person is coming from a red list country where it is a key parameter for people coming from an amber list country?
- Why this “award winning travel company (CTM)” is putting the people in random hotels instead of putting people coming with the same flight into the same hotel in order to minimise the risk of infecting other people in the bus etc.?